Wednesday 26 December 2012

Windows 8 upgrade assistant screenshots with buy option


Microsoft have made several improvements to the Windows 8 Upgrade process, in an attempt to make it as simple as possible.  Below you can see the screenshots I took when I upgraded my main Windows 7 Professional based machine to Windows 8 Pro.

Overall my upgrade experience was fairly painless although I had two problems, one of which could have been quite painful:

(i) when I tried to upgrade within Windows 7, it allowed me to download the new Windows 8 Pro files, and then told me I didn’t have the necessary 20GB free rather than upfront

(ii) I think the failed upgrade above somehow screwed up my HDD and it wasn’t detected in the upgrade process.  To fix I had to put my HDD in another machine to fix, which meant wiping the disk.  This would have been a disaster if I didn’t have a backup of all my files.






























If you like my post please like on FACEBOOK, Follow On TWITTER subscribe to my feeds To keep up The good work going You can also buy me a Beer paypal id :vevalarazaa@gmail.com

2 comments: